Кариера в НПО
JOB PROFILE Social Worker UAM
Position: Social Worker
Status: Full time position
Starting date: ASAP
Availability: Fixed term
Country : Bulgaria
Base: Harmanli area or Sofia
I. Context of intervention
MdM France in Bulgaria is currently running two projects.
MdM France has thus been present in Bulgaria since 2004, with a Roma health mediator program in Sliven, having a specific focus on sexual and reproductive healthcare, which is recognized on local and national level. The project is funded by MdM France, the French Embassy in Bulgaria and the Sliven Municipality through the support of the Swiss-Bulgarian Cooperation.
MdM France is also currently implementing a migrants/refugees`health project in the country. This project is part of a multi-regional program launched for one year in 11 countries, funded by the European Union and the Crisis center of the French Ministry of foreign affairs.
Furthermore, MdM-France`s Balkans regional mission Head Office is located in Sofia, Bulgaria, which is also encompassed in the present job description.
II. Essential duties
The Social Worker will be a member of a team who will provide support and follow up to unaccompanied minors.
III. Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducting interviews with unaccompanied minors to assess and review their situation.
- Fulfill MdM standard interview report and updating the follow up grid.
- Offering individual information and support to migrants according to the supervisor instructions.
- The work done by the social worker is conducted mainly on field.
- Providing support to
unaccompanied minors according to the need, the supervisor instructions and the
One of the position is based in Sofia.
The other one is based in Harmanli (accommodation and transportation expenses are covered).
The activities can change according to the needs of the project.
IV. Hierarchical and Functional links
Hierarchical link:Field Coordinator and/or UAM supervisor
Functional link: Coordination team on the field
- Bachelor`s degree or current student in the field of Social work or Pedagogy (Humanitarian sciences).
- Interested in working with migrants
- Knowledge about the social legislation, and knowledge about the relevant policies of the Republic of Bulgaria would be an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with outstanding interpersonal skills with proven ability to work in harmony within a team
- NGO experience is an asset
- Extremely flexible and ability to cope with stressful situations
- Fluency in written and spoken Bulgarian and English language
and/or Farci and/or Arabic a strong asset
You will be committed to MdM`s values as an organization and be motivated by its non-statutory, Not-For-Profit model.
To apply, please send your CV in English - email@example.com