Кариера в НПО
Project Finance Officer (maternity cover)
Дата на публикуване:
19 септември 2022 г.
05 октомври 2022 г.
ул. Княз Борис I, ет.1
WWF is the world's largest conservation organization, founded in 1961. We’re active in over 100 countries and have over 8000 employees.
WWF-Bulgaria is engaged with protected territories and habitat of Europe-wide importance, forest and freshwater conservation, sustainable development of rural regions and climate change. As member of the regional organisation WWF Central and Eastern Europe, WWF-Bulgaria contributes to securing Europe’s great natural treasures in the Danube-Carpathian region and make people live in harmony with nature.
WWF-Bulgaria is seeking to recruit a dynamic and committed professional to join the team as Project Finance Officer, to monitor and prepare reports on all financial aspects of the assigned project(s), to manage their financial management structure with financial managers at project partner level.
This is a maternity replacement, for a period of 1 year. The selected candidate is expected to start at the beginning of December 2022.
• Act as an interface between donor and project partners on issues of financial management
• Maintain all the necessary administration and financial project documentation, in accordance to WWF standards and requirements
• Perform any ad hoc project work as and when needed by the finance department
• Be responsible for the internal management of funds, expenditures, spending rates, budget shifts
• Assist in public procurement and tendering procedures where required
• Collect documents for control and coordinates project audit activities
• Maintain the financial management structure of assigned project(s), in coordination with the financial officers of project partners
• Coordinate the financial reporting with financial officers of project partners, to improve precision of budget against actual expenditures
• Ensure that expenditures presented by all beneficiaries are invested in implementing the operation and correspond to the activities agreed between all the beneficiaries, and everything is in accordance with the documents provided by the managing authority
• Prepare applications for reimbursement of expenses
• Be responsible for transferring of project funds to the project partners in accordance with donor-approved applications for reimbursement
• Maintain financial management register with detailed up-to-date financial management information, accessible upon request and including project partner activities, including budgets costs and expenses, tender processes and reimbursement status
• Higher education – bachelor degree in economics, business, accounting, finance or similar suitable combination of education and experience.
• At least 2 years of proven track record on budgeting, financial reporting for donors, work with auditors and other monitoring bodies
• Experience on projects in an international environment
• Excellent command of English (written and spoken)
• Very good computer skills
• Ability to work in an international environment and multinational team
• Good organization skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Personal effectiveness and attention to detail
• Ability to work in a team
• Ability to work under pressure (tight deadlines) and positive attitude
• Commitment to WWF’s mission and priorities, interest and motivation in the area of nature protection
• Alignment with the core values of the WWF organization: Courage, Integrity, Respect and Collaboration
• the opportunity to make a difference – for the CEE region and for WWF
• challenging and fulfilling work in one of Europe’s most exciting eco-regions
• friendly and highly professional working atmosphere in an international context
• varying tasks and independent work style
• a pleasant working atmosphere and great learning environment
• salary according to NGO standards
If you are interested in joining our team, send your CV and cover letter stating your interest in this position (in English) to the attention of Tsveta Petrushinova at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5 October 2022. Please understand that we can only reply to short-listed candidates.
For more information about WWF-Bulgaria, kindly check the website: https://www.wwf.bg/.