Кариера в НПО
PYP Coordinator at Progressive school 1
Дата на публикуване:
17 януари 2023 г.
17 февруари 2023 г.
ул. Нишава 107
The ecosystem of progressive schools has been growing over the last 7 years as a result of the public initiative Dialogue for the Future. The main goal of the initiative was to define the new requirements for social, cultural and economic competence for educating young people for their future in the 21st century - with all its challenges and opportunities. We are creating progressive schools to meet these new requirements. We develop them as learning communities that follow the natural growth of the child, appreciate the uniqueness of each and guide the process of active learning and exploration of the world. For us, constructive research training and purposeful learning are two sides of the same yin-yang process, which nurtures natural curiosity and develops practical fundamental knowledge, skills and attitudes for growth. International Baccalaureate, Montessori Principles and Methods, JUMP Math, Responsive Classroom and Let's Think are some of the established global systems and practices that we integrate to develop our own educational model.
We believe that every child can be the best and every teacher can be the best!
For Progressive School 1, we are looking for a PYP COORDINATOR who develops the team of teachers and ensures that PYP is successfully implemented as an educational model in the classroom.
The PYP Coordinator at the Progressive School has overall responsibilities for the following:
- Plan and implement the Induction programme for new PYP teachers.
- Support and mentor new PYP teachers and coach experienced teachers in the classroom by providing regular classroom visits, feedback and opportunities for teachers to observe one another in practice.
- Work closely with school Principals and pedagogical coordinators other Progressive schools in Bulgaria to ensure the PYP is successfully implemented across the entire Progressive ecosystem.
- Maintain communication between the School and the IB, keeping the Principal and primary team regularly informed of PYP developments.
- Assist teams in planning for the PYP during regularly scheduled planning meetings.
- Provides regular contact with parents about planning and children's progress through curriculum-related parent meetings and workshops.
- Promote the use of educational software across the community to keep everyone informed about students’ learning and progress.
- Collect and analyze feedback about the teaching and learning at the school; communicate results and next steps with the community.
3. Professional Development
- In consultation with the Principal of the school, identify areas for professional development, and plan internal and external workshops accordingly.
- Review Professional Development applications from teachers and forward to the principal.
- Plan and organize internal PD workshops to meet the needs of the primary team.
- Provide PYP teachers with relevant PYP curriculum documentation.
- Provide guidance for PYP teachers in understanding the Progressive School’s Scope and Sequence documents.
- Integrate disciplinary learning within the inquiry units and vice versa.
- Integrate ATLs and other meta-competencies as important and measurable educational goals.
- Provide guidance for the selection and use of relevant resources for educational activities and how they connect to the competency models (standards).
- Guide teachers how to evaluate student performance against ATLs and disciplinary requirements.
- Guide teachers how to provide formative feedback to students and to gradually release responsibility for learning management to the students.
- Guide teachers how to create conditions for student agency - choice, voice and ownership.
- Ensure that curriculum documentation (unit plans and educational activity logs) is up-to-date and reusable.
- Liaise with the Principal regarding PYP curriculum issues.
- Oversee the review of the Programme of Inquiry on an annual basis.
5. Documentation and Resource Management
- Keep copies of all correspondence with the IB, including forms, documents and reports.
- Ensure that teachers keep long-range plans for the PYP up to date.
- Prepare and submit any documentation required for authorization and evaluation, with the support of the principal.
- Work with the Principal and teachers to determine the main curriculum resources needs and place orders when necessary.
6. Teaching employment - according to the teaching profile.
- Education and experience
Relevant Undergraduate diploma
- Post-graduate qualification in primary education is a plus
- Certified PYP Coordinator will be an advantage
- Experience in IB PYP schools
- At least 2-3 years of experience in primary schools, preferably in a leadership position
- Excellent verbal and communication skills in Bulgarian and English (CEFR B2/C1)
- Experience in curriculum development including unit planning, formative and summative assessment assessments, providing feedback and creating and implementing differentiated learning activities
- A general high level of literacy in the use of technology to promote and enhance and redefine teaching and learning
- MS Office, Google Workspace
- Educational Software (e.g. Google Classroom, Moodle, ManageBac, Toddle)
- The ability to multitask
- The ability to build positive relationships with all members of the learning community
- The ability to lead by example
- A belief in inclusive education
- Experience in teacher evaluation
- Experience in mentorship and coaching programme
- Open-mindedness and openness to learning and acquiring new skills
- Curiosity to learn more about evidence-informed practice in education
- Patience, openness, flexibility, humility and the ability to see the sunny side of things
Тhis is a full-time position at Progressive Primary School 1 in Sofia (Strelbishte district).
If you are attracted by the opportunity to be part of an innovative and dynamically developing organization, send a professional CV and cover letter at email@example.com.
We will make contact with the approved candidates.
The personal data provided by you will be treated in strict confidence in the sense of ЗЗЛД and Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
Thank you in advance for your interest and participation!