Open Call: Actors for urban change
Who is it for?
Our program is open to residents of all 47 Council of Europe member states, Kosovo and Belarus who:
● Work in the nonprofit, private or public sector
● Apply as a local cross-sector team* with a joint project proposal for their city
● Want to develop their skills in cross-sectoral collaboration and participatory urban development
● Are able to attend four international network meetings (lasting 3-4 days each) over a period of 18 months
● Have good command of English
The project you apply with should address a current challenge or need related to sustainable urban development in your city, such as affordable housing, energy and climate change, mobility, social inclusion, circular and sharing economies, or access to public spaces. We're specifically interested in projects that focus on one of these questions:
● How can nature-based solutions make our cities better places?
● How can communities be activated to co-shape their urban environments?
● How can neglected spaces be re-imagined as vital and conscious hubs for cities under pressure?
Your project should be relevant to the local area/neighborhood it is based in, be innovative compared to other initiatives in your city, and involve the local community.
*by cross-sector team, we mean a team of three people, one each from the public, the private, and the nonprofit sector. For more information, see our FAQs.