Кариера в НПО
General coordinator (head of mission) (F/M). WORK WITH DOCTORS OF THE WORLD
Дата на публикуване:
17 ноември 2022 г.
16 декември 2022 г.
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organization committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organization do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
Since 2021, MdM implements a project on “health and environment”, focusing on the impact of the living conditions and environment on the health of the population in Bulgaria.
MdM develops a holistic approach to health and supports the social cohesion among the population. The organization is also interested in supporting when possible the emergence of civil society actors, in order for its actions to be sustainable. MdM seek to accompany the dialogue process between the communities (as right bearers) and the different official stakeholders (as duty bearers) as to empower people to raise their voice and to gain social inclusiveness.
DESCRIPTION OF THE POST
Under the supervision of the desk officer at HQ, you are responsible for the overall management of the Bulgaria mission. You liaise with all departments and services located at MdM HQ to ensure a smooth mission management and you also work closely with the other coordinators in the region. You directly manage 1 program manager, 1 finance and administrative coordinator and 1 advocacy officer and the total team has 10 national staffs.
Your main responsibilities are the following:
• Coordinate the country strategy review/update
• Plan, implement, monitor and evaluate country programs
• Ensure that the different components of the program are consistent and in link with medical needs and standards
TEAM MANAGEMENT AND HUMAN RESOURCES
• Lead the country coordination team and play a leading role in the implementation of management procedures and decisions
• Ensure that the mission organigram and allocation of human resources is matching with the mission needs
• Propose, coordinate and support capacity building opportunities
• Ensure consistency with Bulgaria labor laws in all HR issues
• Ensure that appropriate human resources / legal issues procedures are implemented and maintained
• Be responsible for the overall security / safety of MdM team
• Regularly reviews the analysis of the context and of security & safety conditions and update rules accordingly
ADMINISTRATION, FINANCE AND LOGISTICS
• Ensure good coordination between logistics, administrative and program departments
• Guaranteed transparency of fund use and all programmatic expenditure
• Participate in the design and approval of new budget proposals for donors, preparation of annual budgets and monthly budget follow up analysis
• Oversee compliance with and respect for agreements and contracts
• Oversees the process of renewing the MoU with the government
• Ensure compliance with tax regulations and yearly audit recommendations
• Ensure that appropriate logistics, administrative and finance procedures are maintained
• Maintain high quality supply chain management
PARTNERSHIP AND ADVOCACY
• Be responsible for exploring, designing and establishing partnership relations
• Maintain and reinforce the collaboration with current formal and informal partners and develop new key collaboration with new partners
• Support in defining and follow-up a strategic plan and planning, in updating the advocacy objectives, implementation of advocacy priorities in country and at regional level
COORDINATION WITH STAKEHOLDERS
• Participate in the different coordination meetings and clusters
• Carrie out negotiations and maintain regular relations with the local authorities and other stakeholders
• Negotiate agreements, work connections, MOUs etc. with the local authorities
• Ensure coordination with national and international health stakeholders, UN bodies and medical actors
• Proactive participation among regional MdM projects and common goals
REPORTING AND COMMUNICATION
• Be responsible for regular reporting on the mission activities
• Prepare reports and proposals for donors
• Relay relevant information from HQ to the team, organize consultations and provide feedback
REPRESENTATION, FUNDRAISING AND NETWORKING
• Develop a fundraising strategy and exploring funding opportunities in country and networking with donors
• Represent MdM to local authorities, international donors, international organizations and other NGOs
• Represent MdM in national and international fora
YOUR TERMS EMPLOYMENT
• Fixed-term contract
• 12 months
• POSITION OPEN ONLY TO PEOPLE HAVING PERMIT TO WORK IN BULGARIA
• Monthly gross salary: from 3992 BGN to 4231 BGN (depending on the experience)
• 20 working days paid leave per year + 12 bank holidays
• 13th month bonus
• Private medical insurance
• Seniority allowance (after 3 years in MdM)
• Transport and food allowance (to implement during 2023)
• Bachelor or MA degree in a relevant field (humanitarian action, development, international relations, public health…)
• Significant experience managing development projects as field coordinator or head of mission
• Experience in project management, team management, and finance management
• Experience in negotiations and networking with donors, local authorities, partners and staff
• Languages: English is mandatory, Bulgarian is a very strong asset and French is an asset
• You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
To respond to the announcement, please follow the link https://www.medecinsdumonde.org/job/general-coordinator-head-of-mission-f-m-bulgaria/
Thank you for your interest in Doctors of the World.