Кариера в НПО
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Consultant
CONCORDIA Social Projects (CONCORDIA) is an association of a non-profit foundation based in Vienna and seven non-profit sister organisations in Austria, Bulgaria, Germany, Kosovo, the Republic of Moldova, Romania and Switzerland. As an internationally active, independent aid organisation, CONCORDIA’s core mission is to support children, youth and families in need by providing direct and immediate assistance on the ground. It is CONCORDIA's mission to ensure the protection of children and to support children and young people in developing their potential to lead self-determined and independent lives.
CONCORDIA Social Projects is seeking the services of an experienced and qualified international MEAL consultant who will work with the International Programme Director and the Senior Programme Advisor, located in Vienna.
The primary objectives of this consultancy are as follows:
- Review and revise the existing KPI methodology for programme interventions.
- Develop clear and practical guidelines for the implementation of the revised KPI methodology.
- Create training materials to support the understanding and implementation of the revised KPI methodology.
- Conduct training sessions in multiple countries for social workers and project managers to enhance their capacity in data collection, focusing on qualitative and quantitative data, with a specific emphasis on case management reports.
- Improve the methodology for collecting information on KPI indicators, making it accessible to staff with limited experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection.
- Ensure that all data collected is tracked effectively in the internal database that has already been developed.
The MEAL consultant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Review the existing KPI methodology, including the indicators, data collection processes, and tools.
- Revise and refine the KPI indicators based on program goals and objectives.
- Develop clear and user-friendly guidelines for implementing the revised KPI methodology.
- Create training materials, including presentations, handouts, and exercises, to facilitate the understanding and implementation of the KPI methodology.
- Conduct training sessions in multiple countries (Kosovo – 1 day, Moldova – 3 days, Bulgaria – 1 day, Romania – 1 day, Austria – online, 0.5 days) for social workers and project managers.
- Strengthen the capacity of participants in planning, implementing, and supporting data collection, focusing on case management reports.
- Ensure that the data collected, both qualitative and quantitative, is accurately entered and tracked in the internal database.
- Provide ongoing support and guidance to staff during and after the training.
The consultant candidate should bring to the position:
- A well-founded background in social science, or another relevant field;
- Excellent command of English is mandatory; knowledge of Romanian is considered a big advantage;
- A minimum of 3 years experience and expertise in MEAL of similar programmes and proven experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports;
- At least one letter of recommendation from relevant institutions/NGOs;
- Experience in providing training on MEAL processes and tools;
- A full understanding of child protection-related issues and approaches concerning collecting sensitive information from programme participants and stakeholders;
- Regional experience and knowledge is an advantage.
The duration of the consultancy is estimated to be 20 days starting from 15 January/ 1 February 2024 until 30 April 2024 (can be negotiated). The consultant is expected to work for 20 days over the period.
Interested consultants are invited to submit their applications, including a detailed CV, a cover letter, and a proposal outlining their approach to achieving the objectives outlined in this TOR. Applications should be sent to Ms Eva Okonofua, firstname.lastname@example.org,
by December 8, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview (online or offline). Applications which do not include the financial offer will not be considered.